Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Icon Analysis-Assignment 2-2-Week 2-April 7, 2010



<

The three icons I chose are Bill Gates, the cross and the statue of liberty.
Bill Gates is the embodiment of technology in the computer world. He seems to be at the top of the mount when people think of computers, business and success. To me he means perseverance and determination with a splash of brilliance that I don’t possess, so I respect in others.


The cross literally has a religious connotation connected to it and is recognized in all its forms, e.g., jewelry, statues, tattoos or pictures. No matter what your religious level, it will still register a certain amount of power to influence or evoke emotion. I wear one to remind myself of what I aspire to be.


The statue of liberty is a national icon which symbolizes freedom, acceptance and opportunity. This particular icon has meaning for Americans and others alike, although some may say it has more real meaning for the immigrants who came to America and viewed Lady Liberty as the visible symbol of freedom. The statue of liberty to me holds the same meanings of freedom and opportunity, but also brings pride in being American by its firm stance and regal appearance. She also could represent cooperation and community across the oceans to the country which gave her to us.

1 comment:

  1. when thinking of my three icons, I thought of everything you except the Statue of Libery. When I read your post, I was like duh. Anyways, good choose on your artifacts. The Statue of Libery should be a top icon for everyone living here. The cross means a lot to a lot of people

    ReplyDelete